[ihc] Prototype Scouts

Judging from the lack of mention of the SR-2 in any advertizing or promotional materials, I am
assuming that it was very limited production. My line set ticket has "Doll-up Scout" stamped on
it and one of the line items says "SR-2 Prototype". That indicates to me that this may have been
a one-of-a-kind truck or at least one of a very few.
I'd welcome information from any who can confirm, refute or add
to these "facts".
Roy, dunno anything in particular about the history of the mentioned models, but I do know that 'prototype' was IH nomenclature for trucks built to a standard spec, like the later 'Gold Key' units. This method was used to build trucks on 'spec' as opposed to dealer or customer order. I got kinda excited when my '63 Scout LST showed the prototype designation, but it turned out to be no big deal. If all SR-2's were built to the same spec, they probably all have the prototype callout. That's not to say that they built very many of the tho' ;)

Jim