[ihc] pointless tickets

Here at my work we have a security team, and their job is really called
:Plant Protection.
Well, since we have had a big push in the past 7 years to be more safe on
site, they have enacted a bunch of new incentives.
The first is that if the entire plant (11,000 ppl) can go without a certain
count of injuries that lose work time, then a drawing for some $100 savings
bonds is the reward.  Hmm.  okay I'll do my best.  Every couple of days we
get notices of the injuries suffered and most (95%) are slip and fall.
This is consistent with the national average.  Well, these are absolutely
spectacular here.  See it's not rocket science to navigate sidewalks, but,
when a yokel steps to the side to let an electric cart pass, one needs to
confirm that one will land on one's can.  Well, that became a lost time
injury.  Tripping on cracks, slipping on wet concrete, stung by bees,
talking to associates and not viewing the surface, etc. etc.

Well, in addition to this (this is where the IH content comes in...I
promise), they have instituted a 'crack-down' on speeders.  The signs are
posted about every 50 feet up or down with the speed limit and the only way
to adhere to the postings is to look at the side of the road (corners too,
it's crazy) for the signs instead of the road.  Well, I accelerated from a
stop onsite to the posted speed of 25mph (when my speedo that works
registered 25) I let off the throttle, but it sure does sound nice in the
top of first gear going for second...

Lights.

-pulls me over to write me up for a courtesy ticket.  I happen to have a
sticker on the back of my Traveler that says Tonka.  It's red and it really
sets off against the white of the liftgate.  Beneath it is the
International badge.

The plant protection officer (rent-a-cop) asks me what year the Tonka is?
1976 I reply.
I look at the ticket upon reception of same:

International Tonka 1976

You have got to be kidding me.

I thought some of you might enjoy that, the others probably think I was
wasting time.

Kinda made the 5 minutes extra, worth it for me.

JoelB