Re: [ihc] Steering caster correctors (the knuckle not the wedges)

At 9:03 PM 9/22/03, Daniel Nees wrote:
>Joel,
>   These are the ultimate easy fix for a front end. They do not effect
>steering  wheel centering at all, and they also do not effect stub shaft
>wear. They will provide you with 1 1/2 degrees of positive castor. You
>might want to replace the ball joints while you have it open, you don't
>need to even take the knuckle apart to do the job, but; my theory is the
>ball joints are 30+ years old now, might as well change them.

You can get them in a variety of changes, 1-1/20 is one. They are available
up to 20. Check an alignment parts book at your local parts store.

I use them in combination with spindle shims--get the camber close to 00 on
both sides with spindle shims, then use 20 castor correctors to improve the
castor and fine tune the camber.

Greg