[ihc] Well Nats was more than worth it!

I was hesitant about going, time and money were somewhat short, but at the
last minute we decided to go.  I've had '79 for 3 years, 2 of which have been
in the waiting for parts/money to buy parts stage.  My wife has been
supportive of it, but I don't think she truly understood.

While at Nats she was a trooper, I only put her through Saturday, but that was
all it took.  She fell in love with the red Scout II with the built 396, it
was next to the 1900's.. buggy in the SE most building - if anyone knows whose
truck this is please let me know.

The best part/take home from the trip: She now can see my master plan - and
now I have the treasurer's ear - life is good.

That being said, I guess seeing 200 scouts has imprinted the outline in her
mind.  We were leaving my sister in-law's last night, and soon Katie (wife)
says "hey thats a scout"  She knew the drill having heard me yell this a time
or two and had already assumed the crash position as I nearly locked up the
brakes and had it in reverse.  Sure enough, two (2) parking lots over was a
rusty traveler.  I was beaming like a proud parent.  Just so you know, this
brings the number of my distinct identified Scouts in Chicagoland to something
around 15 over the last 3 years.  For those of you lucky enough to be in SoCal
or wherever all these classifieds come from, these trucks are like a spotted
owl up here.

I don't know the guy, but if he/she is ever out when I'm at the in-laws I'll
be stopping in to say hey.  It was a proud moment for me - thought I'd share.

-Jeff
Bigscout79

---