Re: [ihc] Final Results

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Dangelo" <tdangelo@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 09:07
Subject: [ihc] Final Results

> Well it has been quite some time since I have
> contributed to this board. If you can remember I was
> working on a project called YEPABUS which is what I
> named our 24.5 ft International Loadstar Model 1603
> School Master School bus.
>
> I had started it in March of 2002 and have finally
> completed it as of August of this year. It was a long
> and enjoyable process. I have a totally rebuilt SV392
> with reworked heads etc etc etc. bolted up to a
> rebuilt 5 speed transmission which dumps into a
> rebuilt 5.29 rear end.

Welcome back and congratulations!

> The bus in its converted form with Onan 4kw generator,
> 85 gallons of fuel, 40 gallons of fresh water and all
> of the traveling provisions to include the wife and
> youngest daughter weighed in at 13250lbs. With the
> addition of our "extra stuff" trailer which weighs
> another 750 lbs ot comes to a total 14000lbs at the
> scales.
>
> We averaged 6.6 mpg in a mostly hilly trip out though
> Northwest Washington. Our trip took us out through
> Squirm, Port Angeles, Forks, and South to the HOH Rain
> Forest where we spent a day. A lot of our traveling
> had us down in 3rd and 4th gear due to the small burgs
> and the narrow roads that we explored.

<snip>

Glad you got a vacation in too!

> So considering all of this my question is is 6.6 mpg
> acceptable with my SV392 and that load. I have an
> Edlebrock 4 barrel on it.

Personally, I think it's acceptable, that's a lot of weight you had there.
There are some people here who may know better what you "should" get.

> I will post some pictures of the completed project if
> you binders are interested in a "different
> International project".

<snip>

I'm interested in some pictures...

On that note...

I'm probobly over 100 posts behind on the digest at the moment, a few
hundred on the off-topic one, but I'd like to take the time to say that I
now have in my possession one 1971 IHC Panel truck (not metro).  She's a
little rough around the edges, but is very solid with much more in the way
of dents than rust.  I think I'll need to go ahead and go for most of a
front clip for her becuase of damage to the fenders and grill (inners still
look good), and I'd like to go ahead and put an aux tank in if I can get my
hands on one.  Interesting options, need to get a line set to check it, but
it has p/s, p/b, a/c, cig. lighter delete, and single tank....

-Ryan

---