[ihc] Final Results

Well it has been quite some time since I have
contributed to this board. If you can remember I was
working on a project called YEPABUS which is what I
named our 24.5 ft International Loadstar Model 1603
School Master School bus.

I had started it in March of 2002 and have finally
completed it as of August of this year. It was a long
and enjoyable process. I have a totally rebuilt SV392
with reworked heads etc etc etc. bolted up to a
rebuilt 5 speed transmission which dumps into a
rebuilt 5.29 rear end.

The bus in its converted form with Onan 4kw generator,
85 gallons of fuel, 40 gallons of fresh water and all
of the traveling provisions to include the wife and
youngest daughter weighed in at 13250lbs. With the
addition of our "extra stuff" trailer which weighs
another 750 lbs ot comes to a total 14000lbs at the
scales.

We averaged 6.6 mpg in a mostly hilly trip out though
Northwest Washington. Our trip took us out through
Squirm, Port Angeles, Forks, and South to the HOH Rain
Forest where we spent a day. A lot of our traveling
had us down in 3rd and 4th gear due to the small burgs
and the narrow roads that we explored.

When ever have a chance to get to "the Church of the
great outdoors" like the HOH Rain Forest, DO IT! It
puts everything back into its proper perspective and
reminds reminds, me at least, of exactly where I fit
into the Supreme Architects plan. I had not had a
vacation in 10 years and it was one that I certainly
needed.

So considering all of this my question is is 6.6 mpg
acceptable with my SV392 and that load. I have an
Edlebrock 4 barrel on it.

I will post some pictures of the completed project if
you binders are interested in a "different
International project".

=====
A diamond can not be polished without friction
Nor a man perfected without trial.

       "Do Good Unto All"

Tom Dangelo, PM