[ihc] Re: What a gas?

Leo,
I once owned a 76 Ch*** Crewcab Dually running on propane.
I like propane and yes, you do lose some power.
You get less power out of propane, but it costs less to purchase.
I was paying $0.69/gallon, back in 1999.
I really can only see an advantage in purchase price.
But, if the 392 has been run on propane for most of it's life, the
engine will not have an excess of gasoline deposits like carbon on the
valves and in the crankcase.
The engine will be in great condition having not been exposed to these
deposits.
Buy the truck, try out the propane (you'll have to find a convenient
place to buy it) and if you don't like it, convert back to gasoline.
Either way you will have a "clean" engine.
If you remember, we (here in Tucson), got abused by the gas stations,
because of a gasoline line break and I wished that I still had my Ch***,
so I could thumb my nose at the greedy gas station owners.
Anyway, propane is not bad, it's just not for everybody.
Just my $.02.
Jay W. George