Re: [ihc] RPM, Gearing formula needed

Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:02:47 "Ed Sohm" <idaemes@domain.elided> wrote:
Different answers because Tom,  Mark, and Bob all assumed that a tire is
exactly the size it says it is
I should have specified "actual" tire diameter as measured, which is what I meant.
Nominal sizes are often more PR than measurement. I've seen more than an inch of
difference between worn BFGs and new Swampers of the same nominal size. Wear can
be a big factor in tires with deep lugs.

Anyway, using 32.7" in "my" formula yields 2300 RPM, close to Ed's 2317.
Oh, it's not "my" formula, but I don't remember where it came from. Should have
said that too.

Ed put a lot of work into his reply. So please Paypal his sixpack value to
rwelty@domain.elided to support the digest. OK Ed? :)
Bob