[ihc] Re: Squealing Glessie

---First, My Scout didn't come to me with a greasable t-out set-up, it came
with a normal collar and a greasable bearing. I turned around and drilled
the collar when I did the lift, motor and trans mounts.

---One problem I had in the past was mostly due to the condition of the body
mounts and bushings. Not saying uyour is in bad conditiohn, but maybe, just
maybe the clutch has been replaced (as you said) and the actuator rod was
not turned out. What will happen then, is the throwout bearing will be
pushed into the fingers/levers on the pressure plate and if new throwout
bearing, will be hard to turn, resulting in the bolts on the fingers being
worn down.

---Check the gap between the fingers and the t-out bearing, IIRC it should
be roughly 3/32". Maybe the bearing is lightly rubbing the fingers and
causing the squeak. Any squeek that is caused by a worn throw-out bearing
will lessen when you depress the pedal, not get louder... at least in my
experiences.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)