Re: Another Hare-Brained Idea

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Stegmann" <steve.stegmann@domain.elided>
To: "jwgeorge" <jwgeorge@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 00:36
Subject: Re: Another Hare-Brained Idea

> Terraflex makes a set of low gears for the 20.  Seems to me they are 3.6:1
They were shooting for 4:1 but there wasn't quite room.  The gears are aound
$700 but you get a really nice low range.  Way cheaper than using advance
adapters atlas case $2800 if my memory serves.  You just disassemble the
tcase and install the gears.  Much easier than searching around for parts
from various transmissions to make it all work.

> STeve

<snip>

Don't you have to do a little grinding on the case to get them in?  Or is
that tera-low that requires that?

-Ryan

---