Re: Another Hare-Brained Idea

Terraflex makes a set of low gears for the 20.  Seems to me they are 3.6:1  They were shooting for 4:1 but there wasn't quite room.  The gears are aound $700 but you get a really nice low range.  Way cheaper than using advance adapters atlas case $2800 if my memory serves.  You just disassemble the tcase and install the gears.  Much easier than searching around for parts from various transmissions to make it all work.

STeve

jwgeorge <jwgeorge@domain.elided> wrote:
OK,
Follow me on this.
Can you put the gears out of a Dana 300 into a Dana 20 case?
You know, the ones that give you the 2.62:1 ratio?
Is that possible, is it feasible, have lost my mind this time.
I ask this because I found some gears for sale that came out of a Dana
300 that the guy had installed a Tera gear kit into.
Please don't ask how I come up with such madness, I'm afraid that I
can't tell you.
Thanks,
Jay W. George