Re: EMERGENCY! I think i broke my camshaft

Ryan, I think Nick is thinking that the actual camshaft broke in half. Not
went flat, not collapsed lifters, but flat broke to where only the front part
still turns. From what he is describing, it sounds very possible to me.
Nick, like the other guys said, the engine just about HAS to come out to do
the cam bearings 'right'. And, it's too much work and money to do it 'half
right' and have to redo it in a few thousand miles when it doesn't oil
correctly. And unfortunately, as Greg mentioned, SOMETHING caused the cam to
break if in fact it did. Those big ol heavy castings don't just bust like a
dried twig. More investigation is needed. If it's any help, I'm about 20 miles
West of South Bend IN (hour and a half from you I would guess), and I have a
spare running 345 sitting on the shop floor I could probably be persuaded to
part with.
Dennis

> > possible it's just collapsed lifters?
> >
> > -Ryan
>
> I doubt they'd all collapse at once.
>
> MArk

But I find it strange that all the lobes could go flat... at once.

Couldn't they just be not pumping up?

- -Ryan