Federal and Federal

---For some reason, when I went to reply to Ryan's post, the eMail
disappeared along with a few others. Hope I didn't miss anything else I
needed to read, but all I caught was the reply from Mac, thanks for
including quotes in your responses Mac.

---Regardless of whether there were emission standards or not in `65-`68,
this 304 is from a military vehicle from `65-`66. From all manuals I read at
the library between `95 and `96 stated, this carburetor (list number 1710
IIRC), is only* found on a "Mass-produced Federal 304 w/manual transmission"
and the Previous owner said that his father had pulled the motor from an old
military truck and performed the swap before he passed away. It sort of
jives with what he said. The motors would have been mass-produced for the
Vietnam war, for whatever use and in what trucks, I and the PO's son are
unaware.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)