Child car seats

As it seems I am not the only one who needs or will need seat restraint for my over soon to be 40 lbs child in California (and other states that are now requiring it), here is a link for harnesses that can be used with a Scout back seat (or front for that matter. ) This type is designed for school buses, but will work in any seat that has an open space in the bottom of the seat. For instance, this will work with the fold down back seats in Scouts as they only hinge on the sides. It will not work in my husband's Suburban back seats as they hinge all the way across. This company also sells a "Y" harness that attaches by a tether - but I have heard that unless you install the tether yourself, most places won't retrofit a tether attachment for liability reasons. Sounds like I will need to get one after all - some states have exemptions for cars with no shoulder belts in the back - but it doesn't sound like CA is one of those states.

http://www.ezonpro.com/camharness.html

Cheryl