Ed's plug connector

Ed,
      This is precisely what I bought at Wal-Mart.  Just make sure to swap
the wires or your trailer brakes will be on full-time.  Scare the heck out
of me when I put the trailer on, put the truck in gear, and couldn't get it
moving.  I thought I'd broken something.

IIRC the adapter 7fem to 6male was like $9.99, made by Hoppy

JoelB

The other option would be to make
a converter from 6 male -7 female, I've never seen one you can buy.