Re: Reality check

Well, John, I thought that one was so obvious that it was supposed to be
part of the joke-if the teaching applicant didn't correct you about
Hemingway, it would also tell you something!

What I found funnier was that there was no mention of the other line in
that same email-I think you said, "I went to Grammar School TO my
mother..."  I am not any PhD in English/Lit/Grammer, but figured you MEANT
to write "with" my mom, "at" my mom's school, or something.  However, I
also thought that maybe THIS was where you were trying to get us!  Now I am
running ONLY from memory here, as I just got home from several day's away
and don't feel like searching each of the 900 emails I just perused and
deleted to make sure that I didn't misread, but that was my impression upon
first reading your email!  Of course, perhaps this is some specific
instance of a usage that I, in my ignorance, do not know!!!  Would NOT be
the first time!!!

Anyway, glad to have learned what John Hersey wrote, regardless!

Michael

> > Well, I haven't checked my e-mail for a day now, but when I last did, no
> one
> > had called me on my novel-author piece of entrapment.
> >
> > Now, guys, I wasn't checking on the literacy level of the digesters,
it's
> > obvious that most of you can read. <g>  I was checking to see if anyone
> > reads my overly long off-topic posts.
> >
> > Now, our Ryan is too young to know about Ernest Hemingway, but a bunch
of
> > you not-so-youngs know that he wrote, "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and your
> > lack of telling me about it can only mean that I have finally lost my
> > audience.
> >
> > OK, so what novel did first make John Hersey famous?
> >
> > The first person with the correct answer gets a free entrance pass to
the
> > Nationals.
> >
> > That reminds me that I need to get my reservation in for the factory
tour.

> > Anybody have a Travelall glove box lock with a working key? I'm going to
> > need one.
> >
> > John Hofstetter

--- I, Joseph Shaw
--- docmikeii@domain.elided