Re: Optima Batteries

on 7/28/03 7:32 AM, Jeff Bade at jbade@domain.elided wrote:

> Anyone know the warrenty on Optima batteries?

I have two Yellow Tops and I also don't know the warranty period on those
batteries.

> What about if I do not have a recipt?

Probably depends on where you bought it, and where you try to get the
adjustment. AutoZone for all its shortcomings keeps all the parts you buy
from them on their computer. However, they don't sell Optima batteries as
far as I know.

> I had a short which discarged my battery now it will not take a charge..
> I am almost wondering if I had a short to begin with or this was a problem
> with the battery all along.

Optimas are pretty resistant to damage from discharges, but the Red Top is
the least resistant. If you only had one discharge, I'm surprised it won't
take a charge.

> Any Ideas?

Find an Optima dealer and have the battery tested. Does the battery have a
date sticker on top? My Yellow Tops do, I think.

John Hofstetter