Re: Alignment question

---Just for the sake of asking, is your steering wheel installed correctly?
There is a mark on the shaft and a mark on the steering wheel that should be
aligned. After that, you go where you have gone already. Once you get the
toe correct, the steering wheel should* be correct also. A lot of places
these days, don't even look at the steering wheel. My cousin had a $700.oo
alignment done on her Skylark and when she brought it home the steering
wheel was 1/4 turn off center!

---If your suspension is lifted, the toe and camber will be off due to the
caster being changed and not corrected... if* caster was not corrected and
if* you have a lift kit installed. Just thought I would add that for the
heck of it.

---I agree, take it to a Ma and Pop shop. Local run-of-the-mill shop with a
60+ year old man running the joint, but regardless of whether it is a Scout,
Ford, Chitvy, Dodge, a tie rod is a tie rod and if they don't know how to
align a simple vehicle, let them continue to work on strutted vehicles and
you pack your stuff and head back to the "little man".

---You might have to pay fines and fees for the Scout's time served in the
Mineke Prison, but you will both be happier for the early release.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)