Re: Carb problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcus Bechtel" <SHODUDE@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>; "ihc-digest" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 17:35
Subject: Re: Carb problem

> Ryan,
>
> Does it idle bad along with the hi-cups?
>
> I would check the float level and the accelerator pump throw.
>
> I know your thinking, but how does that stuff just up and change one day?
> have no idea, but I just spent 14 hours troubleshooting the same exact
> problem on one of my trucks. It turned out to be a float level and pump
> accelerator problem.
>
> Marcus

I'll try to do some tinkering...

It doesn't seem to really care as far moving the throttle, it's the throttle
position itself.  The idle doesn't really seem bad to me.  But it couldn't
hurt to tinker anyways...

There was a point in the throttle position too where the power came back a
bit more than it was in the lower positions, kind of like a little surge to
where the roughness wasn't as bad, that was the point where it seemed more
like a power loss than a roughness.

-Ryan