Re: Reply: Spindle nut stuff/Ryans questions

on 7/21/03 7:25 PM, Ryan Moore at baradium@domain.elided wrote:

> Yes I am.
>
> I wonder if they sell the tool to tighten them...
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Ryan

I kind of don't understand the need for a tightening tool for the lock nut.
Snug up to the nut that it is retaining is all that is required as far as I
am concerned.

As somebody said, a light tap with an awl and a hammer, and you are plenty
tight.

I have no problem with the Fleckster's double nut job (Hmmmm) but that
procedure is so inelegant. John will have to figure out whether or not I
consider him inelegant also. <g>

Gonna miss him this coming weekend. Poor Wanda, who else do I have to pick
on?

John Hofstetter