Home from RMIHR

--
For the benefit of those who were there I made it home about 3:00 this (Tuesday) morning. The trip home went well, Bandit ran great, was just wishing for a little more sleep at work today.

For those not in attendance I towed with Bandit, my "new" 1210 4x4 this year instead of the Wagonmaster. Overall I was very impressed with how it handled the trailer. The extra stability and tighter steering were very nice. The 345 pulled very well and the cooling system passed it's torture test pulling hills in 100 degree heat. I do want a different tranny though, the T-98 has a huge hole between 3 and 4 that is a PITA while towing. I really want either a close 2wd 4 speed or a T-36 close 5 speed. Anyone have one laying around? The only problem I had on the trip was a broken wheel stud at the very beginning that ate the rest of the studs and my rim. Once I got that fixed I had a trouble free trip. (I also learned to carry wheel studs on the road becasue I had to drive all over the place to find the correct ones for a 1210). I hope Tom has his new motor in by now, I helped him get everything down to Denver yesterday, and the plan (I think) was to get another motor in today and worry about the current one back home in Montana.

Dave