Re: rubber vs urethane bushings

----- Original Message -----
From: "me" <ewalter@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 22:08
Subject: rubber vs urethane bushings

> My wife's '73 Scout really needs new bushings for the front shackle, the
> local Case-IH wants $7.50 each for stock rubber ones, urethane bushings
> from Digest advertisers are $30-35 for all six.  I was only going to
> replace the front 4 in the shackle so the price is about the same for
> both.  For a daily driver is there a real advantage in one over the other?
> Eric

I've always heard that the poly ones are better...

Those old bushings are going to be *fun* to get out.  Have you taken a look
at the rear of that spring?  Guess you could get away with just replacing
the front sections...   It's probobly just preference, and I imagine the
poly is supposed to last longer (although the originals lasted this long,
didn't they?).

-Ryan