Tom's 'new' motor

Greetings IH'ers,

I just got back 3PM today (Tuesday) from RMIHR, and I thought I'd let you
all know that Tom's motor fared only as well as any other that he's ever
had.  Nope, the Travelette came in on a trailer.  I nominated him for the
award of longest wheelbase trailer queen.  Couldn't find any takers on that
one.

Somehow, the mufflers on my (John Landry's former) Traveler began rattling
some weeks back and became louder and louder until last night when the
entire bottom of the muffler can blew/fell out and is now basically a
straight pipe with bottom exit.  I'm guessing that in the few years that
the Traveler sat in waiting for my rescue from the NW, that the starting up
and battery charging only contributed to the moisture in the muffler and
then rusted out the baffle mountings, then as those fatigued, the main case
gave way.  New mufflers on the way...

I have the worst luck with exhausts.  I've had to blow out and subsequently
fix every IH I've ever owned.  Hmph, compared to Tom M. it's a lot cheaper
to only have to do the exhaust...  Who makes a good thick wall muffler with
heavy duty internals, for about $50-$100 each?

I hope everyone had a safe trip home.  I look forward to the check-ins,
before I leave Thursday for NWBRU.

JoelB