S-120/110 front shackles.

I have an ASW120(S120 4x4)with really bad wheel shimmy.I did up the steering
knuckles and such with new parts and the steering linkage, but never did the
brass front shackles which are really badly worn.Also I'm pretty sure the
shockies are just there for show.I have NOS Scout(I'm told) ones which I will put
on.
	Unfortunately the right hand spring is totally sagged out compared to the
left one and I don't have another( I have AA120 4x4 ones which are totally
different).I do have an AR110 for parts which has good font springs, but they
have rubber bushes. I would like to fit these lighter springs to improve the
ride, but I don't know if they will hook up to the shackles on the 4x4 120
chassis.They look externally similar.....
	Does anyone know if I can do this without having to unrivet the fixed
halves of the bits from each chassis?(i.e.will the rubber springs and shackle
pins go into the brass chassis?)
	Also, has anyone had steering shimmy purely from running bar-treads?Can it
be fixed with a steering damper?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Best regards,Jarrod.