RMIHR

It's just about that time.

This time tomorrow I plan on being in Yellowstone, and even mostly through
it.

I didn't get the 500 miles on my 392 I was hoping for.. I'll be shy by
about 400-some miles. :(  Hopefully the first few hundred miles won't be
too hard on the new 392.

Plan is to leave home at about 8am and meet up with Robert the "JetFxr"
and his 800 SR-2 in Belgrade (Bozeman), MT.. then motor south through the
Park and over to Lander, WY to pay Willy Cunningham a visit.  Willy's
graciously offered a place to sleep, AND to be our guide again on Thursday
through central WY and into Colorado.

My new 392(406) is running well thus far, and the Taurus electric fan
seems to be keeping it (unloaded) cool.

I think the header issue is related to having the wrong transmission mount
(bellhousing style, instead of tail), so the manifolds are back on.  Later
I'll swap to the tailhousing mount and put those pretty chrome Stan's in.

This way I can at least report back if the headers make any improvement. :D

We'll see how the bored/stroked/balanced/cam'd/ported/4bbl'd 392 pulls
this route vs. the tired 2bbl 345 I used last year.

Those along the way (yeah, right, in the middle of WY) will be treated to
a 21' long blue Travelette pulling a topless green Scout 800 (Michelle's
toy goes this year), Willy's SSII pulling his tent trailer, and Robert's
SR2.

800s, Scout IIs, and fullsizes represented. :D

I think we'll trail ride Monday, then pay Howard Tucker a visit in
Leadville Tuesday on our way to Moab for a little fun before heading home,
possibly stopping to visit Earl C. on the way through Idaho.

Hopefully this 392 doesn't balk at tow-service so soon..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'74 200 Travelette, hotrod 392..