Mark's already solved it! (Pitman Arm, 4" drop, 9" radius)

Mark,

Can you snap a couple of really close up pics of the
pitman arm with possibly a ruler in them to illustrate
dimensions?  I want to solve the problem in a single
move with this pitman arm.  It looks like you already
have.  Granted, the stock pitman arm is probably too
thin at the mounting to reliably handle the multi-axis
couple that is generated from a setup with this
orientation, so the fix (it looks like...) must be
made out of the dropped pitman arm unit which is about
twice as thick in the cross section and twice as wide
as the stock arm.

Thanks a bunch, and it looks like you've already done
what I had only *thought* about before.  Nice fix!

Now, Greg H., Jim A, others... Do you see a problem
with fixing (welding) the end of a stock pitman arm to
the dropped unit?  Jim, if possible, can you show me
the modified pitman arm at NWBRU.  Yes, I'll be there.

JoelB

<snip>