Re: Joel's B-140 Hubs

At 10:24 PM -0700 7/5/03, Allan W. wrote:
Joel,
I was just looking over your B140 photos, and noticed the hubs.Specifically,
B140 4x4 - 51.JPG on the page <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll/PhotoAlbum51.html>
What are the three levers on them? Looks like maybe you hinge them out
and turn them to engage the hub? Can you explain in more detail?
Allan, you nailed it. You swing the lever out, rotate it, and push it back down. 3 levers on each side. When I got the truck, they were all engaged, I liberally sprayed them with PB and they all lifted, spun, and returned easily. That's about all I know of them right now, I'm still waiting on the lineset from SSS that I ordered March 2. I don't think it's their fault, but I'm definitely anxious to see how much of this truck is original!

Also, what are the five shifters for?  Trans, T-case (2?), PTO, and E-brake?
Yup. E-brake not functional right now (looks like the t-case has two outputs, one with the ebrake yoke and one without, currently using the one without. Trans is a T98, Tcase has "front axle engaged" and "hi-low speed" levers. PTO missing when bought, handle still there. May pull the PTO off the travelette before I sell it, depending on price.

That's what I know of it right now, time is tight as I move into my new house. More to follow this summer!

Best,
Joel

Allan W.
72 1210 Pickup