Re: Little Scout in Production - Production Release Early Spring 2004

Robert-

Congratulations.

My thoughts are that light four wheeling is more fun for little kids than
going to the carnival. At least that was the case with my girls. They
absolutely loved wheeling, and we never really got into anything gnarly, the
"test the vehicle" type terrain. It was just the ups and downs and all
around exploring without the bone jarring stuff.

Its the space to store and the time to spend upkeeping the projects. If
there are always going to be a lot of honey-dews around that will be sapping
the time you need to spend, or if money will be so tight for a few years
that you can't afford the insurance and routine repairs on several vehicles,
that's one thing. Not being able to take the kids wheeling for a couple of
years, and curbing the type of terrain you have to take, well, I just don't
see it as anything other than a reason to put the wheeling on the back
burner.

The children will let you know if they don't like wheeling. Now  that 3 of
my 4 daughters are old enough to be driving themselves, I have all 4 that
like to go wheeling, one that wants to own an IH 4x4, and one (not driving
yet) that thinks it's stupid to have a bunch of vehicles all over the place.
Out of the mouth of babes. She just turned 14 and is one of the smartest
people I've ever met, so I got rid of a few. <grin>

The older two aren't interested in owning anything they have to work on
themselves, but the oldest is married, and the second oldest replaced her
own starter and water pump while I supervised. She'll do the repairs, just
doesn't enjoy it, so no IH stuff for now.

-Allan