Bump Steer, Steering Components, Hemi-Joints

Take a look at the rod ends that are installed on the new scout.
Anyone else use these instead of the stock tie rods?
Or could this be part of my bump steer?

http://www.chronicmadness.com/midas/joint.jpg
http://www.chronicmadness.com/midas/joint1.jpg

The Bump steer is worse the faster you go. It tracks straight, the steering
components all seam tight. Although the bolts on these joints where loose..
they need a jam nut on them or something.. I could see these coming loose
all the time..

There is a straight steer, and there are some caster shims under the axle
which I think I am going to remove for now. (It's a 1980 so it already has
some Pos Cas.)

The Chicago potholes make me have to stay alert when driving in traffic..

Anyone got any more Ideas on where to start?

I'd also like to have a tighter Steering wheel...
More road feel.. less play.. I am going to replace the rag joint with a
u-joint...
What about a lower pressure PS Pump or a specially built gearbox?

Thanks,

Jeff Bade
1980 Scout ][ Midas, 345, TF727, D300
1978 SS][, 304, TF727, D300