110 with the defroster on

Joel, glad you made it OK.

RE: heater/defroster on while it's 100 outside: BTDT !!!!!!!!!! On the trail. Every time I hit the trail.

I am now fixing the problem.

I pulled my entire cooling system out, including all the freeze plugs I could get to.

The interior of the block was pretty clean except near the front I chipped out some hard black gunk, kinda like carbon
build up.

I think that stuff was over cooked Barr's Leaks. I ground the teeth off a hack saw blade and made a sharp point on it,
and used that tool to chip away the gunk from around the cylinders.

Anyway, the Scout is getting a new 3 core radiator, new water pump, new freeze plugs, bla bla bla

Should be running this weekend.

I am hoping it will not overheat at slow speeds after all the work.

Then it will get the new A/C system installed.

- Jim in Mesa

From:           	"Joel M Brodsky" <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>
> The temp got quite warm, with it being 110+ outside,
> and the heater on and windows open to reduce the engine heat.

Jim In Mesa - James Lidberg
jameslidberg@domain.elided
'79 Scout II/4X4/345/Edelbrock 1400/727/D20/3.07 open/PS/PB/4"Trailmaster
Copyright 2003 All rights reserved