Kelsey-Hayes Brake Controller instructions?

Does anyone have an instruction book for a Kelsey-Hayes Brake controller
with the knob adjustment specifics?  The knob/lever to activate the brakes
on my controller is a screw in/out adjustment, and I'm still at a loss as
to how to fine tune the force.  It seems that I skid the trailer tires when
the trailer is empty, regardless of where the knob is set.

      Help is appreciated,

Thanks!

JoelB