RE: Power Steering Pump (was: Re: Things Travelall/392 (Was: Things Binder))

What vehicles use a bigger pump that will bolt up to an IH engine?  I
think I need a new pump (and steering sector).  I think my front locker
& 33's cut short the lifespan of my steering sector & pump.  I had
severe overheating problems trail riding over Memorial weekend.  The
steering sector didn't quite 'feel' right before the trip and I think
the overheating hurt the pump (it whines a lot now).  I'm in the process
of adding hydraboost brakes so I'd like to have a better pump.  I might
have to consider adding hydraulic ram-assist steering & a cooler.

Chad Urvig
'73 Scout II

>From: "Allan Ericson" <lowvolt@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Things Travelall/392  (Was: Things Binder)
>
>Pete-
>
>For this application, a pump is a pump is a pump. Anything in the ball
park that will bolt up will work. PS pumps used in
>chevy and dodge pickups, for example, only look different. The amount
of volume they can produce is about the same.

>You can use a bigger pump. You can use a transmission cooler to cool
the fluid.