Re: Scott Satterlund.............................

-John,

---My most sincere condolences to the family and to the people who knew him
well. I only had the chance to talk with him a few times on the phone and
each time I hung up with a smile. He did seem to be, as you said, a "true
champion" I am sorry I never was able to meet him in person.

---It seems to be 90% of the time that we reflect on the good times when the
people we shared them with are no longer around, but I guess that is a good
thing, I don't want anyone crying because I went to a better place. Good
friends and family are something that we should all be lucky enough to have
while we are here, and when they pass on, surely we will miss them, but
hopefully the good thoughts will keep us standing firm and tall.

---A moment to reflect:

---FWIW, a good friend of mine (his name was Scott also) passed away at an
early age of 20, just 4 days before his 21st birthday, from cancer on the
kidney and bowel. He was the lead singer in my sister's band and what I
considered to be my big brother through the later half of my 20 years then.
At about 6'7 and 240# of street-wise lumberjack material, he was little more
than 90# when he finally passed on. Man could he play the Stairway to Heaven
on the acoustic and make is scream like a Les Paul. The final song he
performed with my sister was My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue). The final
song he sung at a closed practice was Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black). I am
almost certain that Tom M. would know the differences between the two songs
(other than one being electronically enhanced and the other being acoustic).
Though the lyrics where nearly identical, the acoustic version seemed to
have more meaning, maybe just to me but...

---See, our Scott here knew he had cancer 2 years prior to his passing away.
He told my sister and I, 3 days before he slipped into coma that he had kept
it a secret because he didn't want any special treatment, didn't want people
hanging around all the time because they thought they had* to and catering
to his every need. He said he wanted the two most important people in his
life (other than his mother) to be around him, treating him as we always
did. His pride prevented us from putting on benefit concerts to help him pay
for treatment, but nothing prevented us from having a battle of the bands
benefit concert for his family when he was gone.

---I guess rust never sleeps in the IH community, this all came on pretty
fast from what I heard. Thank you again John for letting me/us know. There
isn't much I can do, being unemployed at the moment, but if the
care-packages and gifts keep coming for the next few months, share the info
so I won't hesitate to send something when I am out of the swamp.

---As the song says, it is better to burn out than to fade away. You all
just keep remembering the good times.

 ---Thank you,
-Thomas R. Elliott Jr. (Fortiter Et Recte & Soyez Sage)
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)