Re: turbos

I am not aware of any IH attempts to build a 4-196 turbo.  That doesn't
mean there wasn't something experimental although it seems unlikely that
a single unit like this could be sold in 1979-80 with the emissions
testing and certification requirements that were in effect.  Perhaps the
turbo was added after it left IH.

Paxton--did they do turbochargers or just superchargers?  Again, I'm not
aware of any IH experiments with these. I would think they would work as
well on an IH V-8 as others, particularly if you worked on the heads to
make it breathe before putting on the supercharger.  (I think the 4-152
turbo was an AirResearch unit if that's what you were really asking
about.)

Howard

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:59:03 -0500 "Jeff Bade" <jbade@domain.elided>
writes:
> Wasn't there a 196 turbo in Bob Behrends CVI which never worked right..
it