starter heat shield

I stated that I bought a starter heat shield at Checker, more correctly it is a heat shield for the Bendix selenoid, that
bolts onto the selenoid itself and covers it, there is about a quarter inch space between it and the selenoid.

This is a fix for hot start problems on GM starters I was told.

I have had this Scout a long time, about 15 years I think. It is driven daily.

I have severely overheated this engine twice in the last year, on the trail.

I have never had a hot start problem with my Scout, down here in the hot flatlands of central Arizona.

The large U shaped heat shield is IHC specific I think.

Sorry for any confusion.

- Jim in Mesa
Jim In Mesa - James Lidberg
jameslidberg@domain.elided
'79 Scout II/4X4/345/Edelbrock 1400/727/D20/3.07 open/PS/PB/4"Trailmaster
Copyright 2003 All rights reserved