RE: turbos

## >> This is a guess, but I'll bet they mean that the
## >> engine had 115 hp before the turbo was added. There is
## >> no on/off switch for a turbo, and I doubt there's ever
## >> been one on a belt driven supercharger, though with an
## >> electric clutch(similar to the one on an AC
## >> compressor) you could probably make one. But if you
## >> think about it, you could maybe adapt that to an
## >> exhaust driven turbo with some fancy engineering.

i understand the basics of turbocharging, so i know there is no on/off
switch.  at least, none that i've ever seen, anyway.  as far as on/of
superchargers, i forget who makes them but there's a company that came out a
few years ago with one that can be switched on and off.  i don't remember
now how they accomplished this, but it was a pretty neat idea.

as for the 4-152T...  the 4-152 had 93hp, 115 with the turbo.  the 4-196 had
111hp or so (110.8 i think).  it's that whole "on demand" or "as needed"
idea with the 4-152T that i'm not getting.  seems like it'd be just a flat
always-on straight 115hp kind of deal.  just kind of a curious sort of thing
to read.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde