Re: Fw: Overdrive tranny for sale

>  I got the t-all but now my plans have taken a swing toward the 392 gas
>  route. Before, I fully intended to put a 7.3 powerstroke in it until I
> found
>  out that the pattern on the back of it was for a Ford tranny. So, long

Well, there's also the T444 with the SAE pattern.

I wouldn't mind a 7.3 and ZF-5 from a 2wd Ford.. that'd go nicely into my
Travelette. :D

>  decision. Did IH ever offer a direct 5th in the pickup truck line? I am

Yep.

>  curious to know , if they did, how that 5 spd. would differ from the 5
> spd.
>  that I know they put in the heavier trucks. I have IH big truck trannies.

AFAIK, they're the same ( at least, if you're talking Loadstar 1600/1700
type stuff).

The 5spd directs had two flavors - a "wide" 5spd with a 7.x:1 low and some
fairly big splits, and a "close" 5spd that closely resembles a close ratio
T19 4spd (nice shifts) + a granny gear.

Then there's the OD, that you have, which resembles a wide ratio T19/T98
with an OD added on.  Big holes between gears (unless you have a Brownie
auxiliary, which I have lying around..)