Re: Dana 18 VS. Dana 20.

Early Scout 80s came with an offset Dana 27. I have seen one 1965 Scout 80
with an offset 44, very rare.

Its very common to see a Scout 80, with a Dana 44 retro fitted from a Scout
800. The Dana 27 Rears don't hold up.

66, 67 & 68 Scouts I've owned, came stock with Twin Stick Dana 20s. I think
single stick 20s were on 69 and later Scouts. I had a 1971 Commanche 800 B, and
a 70 with V8, they both had single stick.

My Father and I both drove for years with an 800 with a Dana 44 with a center
pumpkin with 4.88 gears, Model 18 with Warn O.D. with T-90 3 speed. This
vehical had 31" tire and a 4" Lift. The only problem I ever had with this vehical
was the T-90 input bearing, which I replaced.

Jeff Gruwell