Ramsey RE8000 on a Scout II

I have a Ramsey RE8000 mounted on a Scout II,which I recently moved to a
Traveler.  It pulled and yanked not only my Scout, but the others I
connected to.  Often I pulled them to me, before pulling me out of whatever
muck I was stuck.

The RE8000 is the worm drive model, not the planetary, and as Jay can tell
you, mounted to the bumper, it's a bear to move with two guys.  The winch
is more than twice the weight of the planetary units, and from my
recollection, the PTO versions are the same design.  It should be fine for
a Scout II and it should be just fine for the Travelall also.  Keep in mind
that 8000 is the rating for the first wrap and not the top wrap.  Second
wrap is 6800, third is 6000, fourth is 5300,and 5th is 4800.  Even with
4000 lbs, the reduction in the worm drive unit is about 400 to 1, compared
to the planetary type which I believe is about 100:1, it should get you
out, unless the G-ds are crazy (don't hang your truck in a tree).

It's a bear of a winch and should pull any IH light line truck around just
fine.

JoelB