Re: The way things used to be....

My 304 had a bad (my mind is blank...  what the starter engages to crank to
motor...  big round thing with teeth), leaked oil from everywhere, and was a
304.  I just wanted something fresher with more power.  Also, not knowing
whether my old motor had 140,000 or 440,000 miles had an adverse
psychological affect on me.

Louis did some tuning and maintenance on my Scout.  I really enjoyed
visiting with him (even if was is an Alabama Fan!!!)... He definitely
qualifies as an "Old Timer".  I don't believe he's ever been to NATS, but I
do know he took a very nice 80 or 800 to Colorado and won.

Speaking of football...  You've been in AL for a few years now.  Have you
picked sides yet?

BTW--  My new motor is awesome.  Breaking-it-in may just "break" me
though...  I'm dying to see what this thing will do!!!  Also, that shiny
motor, new carb, chrome air cleaner and ceramic coated headers really make
the rest of the truck look tired.  The three chamber flowmasters sound
awesome, IMHO.

Can anyone tell me what the redline for a 345 is?  Also, I remember someone
doing a new motor break-in guidelines.  I can't find it...  Anyone have any
recommendations?

-Skip