BD264 looks good!

All,
I had the luxury of spending 4 hours or so yesterday removing and cleaning the oil pan from the BD264 on my B140. Boy, that's a long pan! This one has a lot of "character", with a PO epoxy patch and dents all over. I cleaned and degreased the heck out of it, and put a couple layers of POR15 over it because that's what I had around.
I wouldn't know how to judge the real state of this engine from underneath, but it _looks_ remarkably clean to me. I took a few pics of the bottom end, they're at: <http://makeashorterlink.com/?E67932EE4>. The odometer's broken, but reads 017,700 miles.
I've been trying to get a lineset ticket from SSS since March. After 3 months, I got one, but it was for the wrong truck! We've been going back and forth trying to convince Navistar that they erred. Finally I did a tracing of the frame and plate VINs, so in another 3 months or so I should be able to confirm if this was indeed a navy truck. There are markings on the doors that would be consistent with military use, but no mil. data plate like on my 184. I'd also like to see how much of this hardware is stock.
The new owner of my 1200B travelette flew in today and drove north. He was happy as a clam to have such a solid truck (he's from NY/CT), and I think he'll do a great job of showing the truck off. Bittersweet to watch it drive off.
Anyway, that's the word from Charlottesville. Hope you're all well.
Best,
Joel

--
Joel Furtek
Assistant Coach, Virginia Women's Rowing