Mac's Starter

For those of you that keep burning up cheap starters exactly what is
failing? I've used these autozone rebuild starters many times on different
vehicles with and without headers and never had one fail. I used one on a
12.25-1 big block also without a problem. I always install a ford relay when
I use headers so maybe that's why I don't have problems.
I did have one that chewed up the flexplate I guess due to an clearance
problem. There are shims you can buy but I never use them.

Darrel