From: <tsm1@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
Cc: <tsm1@domain.elided>; "Joel M Brodsky" <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>;
<ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 17:52
Subject: Re: Ryan saw a 205 mated to a T34/35/36.. Travelette..

> > So Robert got it somewhere else?  I thought he'd fabbed it up himself.
> > Guess I need to pay more attention...
>
> That's the story I heard, when I was talking with Robert. ;)  Or at least,
> that's the story I *remember*.. much like Hofs, my memory is often far
> more accurate than reality.. :P

LOL!     It's different than the story I heard... of course I guess maybe I
wasn't paying enough attention, I'll be sure to ask next time...

F@rd
> > NP205 (so the drop doesn't get in the way, your brownie box behind that,
> > and
> > then a divorced t-case behind that.... or you could just go with the
> > brownie
> > and divorced t-case too...
>
> LOL!  Once upon a time I would've jumped at the idea.. but these days, I'm
> going for KISS.
>
> What would probably be best is a 5spd direct and slightly taller tires,
> and deal with 3000rpm being 70-75mph, and run a single '205.
>
> I'm still pondering the brownie install, but it's one more thing to break.
:(

How big of a brownie is it?  If it's a big enough brownie and installed
right, I don't see how it could be all that easy to break... if you are
really worried about it, carry a spare shaft for between just the tranny and
t-case and you can always drop the brownie on the road and stick the shaft
in there.  Of course if you're gonna do that, you might as well carry a
shaft for between the brownie and rear axle too in case the t-case fails,
and...

> And I seem to have a penchant for breaking things.. usually far from
home..

But as long as you keep it unmodified, it should be fine right?  You aren't
asking it to do anything it wasn't built to do and there aren't any
modifications to have minor problems that cause it to break, right?

I'd be more worried about choosing a t-case that won't fail behind all of
the power you'll be capable or putting out.... and then I guess not having a
brownie means less possible power output into the t-case, which means less
possibility of frying it?

> For now, I just really want to get the new 392 finished, installed, and
> broken in before RMIHR.  It's a tight schedule as it is.. :(
>
> -Tom
> http://tigger.tmcom.com/~tsm1/postnuke
> bored/stroked/ported/cammed/headered 392/406 under way..
> '74 200 Travelette, still 2wd, still a tired 345/T98..

Hey, at least you can make it to RMIHR.   Define "broken in"   Don't these
motors take 30,000 miles before they are fully broken in?  :)

-Ryan