Re: When It Rains, It's Dead!

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 11:29  AM, Ryan Moore wrote:

I prefer the screwdriver trick to testing the solenoid, and then maybe go
from there if that doesn't work. It's a lot easier than getting a jumper
all the way from the batter to the solenoid.

I was worried about Pete arc welding his screwdriver to the solenoid housing.

By the way, Pete, I may be the only Scouter that ever has this problem, but the big nut on the solenoid comes loose, or corrodes, and needs to be tightened occasionally. Even better is to clean all the surfaces and then tighten, but in the field I just tighten the nut.

John