When It Rains, It's Dead!

Greetings,

This morning, the Scout actually stranded me (the very nerve!).  Fortunately
it was in my own driveway.  Here's what ya need to know (I hope!):

1) It rained for hours last night. Good storm!  I swear the cell stalled
right over my house for an hour or two - loaded with thunder & lightening.
And did I say RAIN? ;-)

2) When I attempt to start the truck ALL I hear is a 'click'/'tick' that
sounds as if it's down in the steering column or something. None of the
usual s-l-o-w churning as if battery is dead, etc. No chattering solenoids
to be heard. Battery is less than a couple months old. I jumped it from the
van, 'just in case'.  No change. No start.

3) This has happened before when wet outside, but usually after TRYING to
start it a couple times the problem magically disappeared so I didn't sweat
it.  But now I'm sweating! Could be coincidence.  Could be significant...
you decide! %^}

My new & improved manager says I can:
1) Work from home today! (Yipppeeee!)
2) Get the truck fixed TODAY!

Any ideas?!  ALL hints, suggestions, etc. If it suddenly starts as the day
wears on (and things dry out - it quit raining), I'll attribute "it" to
water for sure. I'm thinking maybe a starter relay took on water or
something. Dunno.  Open for suggestions!

Cheers & Thanks,

--Pete
   ||( )| | | | | |( )||	Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |	'77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\]	More 'stock' than 'not'!
  [/>#################<\]	http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]   \_/       [\>\]	http://www.pferris.com/postnuke/html/index.php