Re: Correct me, Howard

Correct you---gladly!

Actually your info is pretty much correct.  Freightliner is controlled by
Daimler and Freightliner purchased the Ford HD truck line when Ford
decided to get out of the business.  Sterling was an old truck name that
disappeared into the White Motor Co. back in the 1950's.  Freightliner
could use the Ford name on the trucks for a limited time after the
purchase and they then purchased the Sterling name to apply to the Ford
lineup (Is anyone else reminded of a Superman uniform when seeing the big
"S" on the front of the trucks?)

Here is the list of brands that are controlled by Daimler/Freightliner at
this time, as best I can keep track of it:

Freightliner
Sprinter Vans
Sterling (Ford)
Western Star