Re: Fuse box, dash restoration questions

Colin,

Thanks for the reply.  I did want a clarification, if possible.
Colin Gebhart wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I really think you would find a decent quality leather that is dyed,
> not painted will hold up better than all but the best vinyl coverings
> (which would cost more than leather.) To prevent moisture from being a
> problem, you could use a top quality wax based leather protectant.

So you're saying that you feel my best bet would be to go to a good leather shop and
make sure I buy good quality stuff.  How often, in your estimation, would I need to
recoat the leather with the protectant to maintain its integrity?

> Vinyl tends to be unstable and degrade in the presence of ozone,
> ultraviolet and heat. Humidity shouldn't be a problem for either
> leather or vinyl, more so a problem for the adhesive you use to attach
> either.  Vinyl is definately preferred in a condensing environment,
> but like I said, I think a good wax protectant will work fine for the
> leather.

If I do decide to do this route, do you have any suggestions for a particular
adhesive?  I want to do this right so I'm not rushing into it, but not having a dash
is slowing me down on the street.  And with the heat, humidity, and rain we're
getting, the less street time, the better.  The more info I can get from you guys in
the preliminary stages, the quicker this'll go in the long run.

Thanks again,

Dave

<cut>