Re: fuel sensor

Aaron-

Unless they did this after '73, and I have never heard that they did, then
you must get the sensor off of the tank.  A great many of us have driven
for lengths of time without the gas guage "option," as these sommonly are
functioning so poorly that it is difficult to trust them. I never had to
have the tank off of my Scout, but have taken both off of my '60's T'alls
and my '74 WM.  A messy, PIA job, but not difficult!
I can't rememebr who it was-Joe D?-but someone was discussing cutting a
hole in the floor at the right spot to gain access to this.  However, to do
this, you would have to remove the tank anyway, so might as well change the
sensor or re-wire it when it's out-still easier than trying to reach
through a hole and do it.

Michael

Good Luck!