Racer Trans

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 Mikeiidc@domain.elided wrote:

> > I'm budgeting 1.5 days each way for the 800-900 mile trip.. I'll be
> > towing the racer (which moved on it's own tonight!!)..
>
> Congrats!  I can't believe you tucked this information down at the bottom of a
> post!  Great job on the Racer!!!

<GRIN>  Thanks, Michael!

It didn't move far or fast.. but it went forwards n' backwards.

When you buy a new 727 pump, make sure you put the "sealing rings" on
it.. I wrongly assumed it came ready to go.  When I pulled it back out
yesterday, I also noticed it only had ONE of the 5 or 6 bolts that hold
the reaction shaft support to the pump face..

I put all of that back together and put it in.. and it moved.

The 727 cooler lines are still "short circuited" (no cooler) and I think
kinked slightly.  Of course, this was OK, since the 304 lacks a radiator
too (some idiot (me?) put the engine fan into the radiator when he tried
to pull the rad, motor, trans, and xfer as a unit last week, so the rad
is in the shop).

Very short drive as I backed up.. with open exhaust. ;)  Then it was time
to shut it down. ;)

I learned a few other things - like, the vacuum modulator thingy on the
firewall has the SAME connector as the gold box.  Funny - if you hook the
modulator's plug to the gold box, the darn truck won't run.  D'oh!

Now to head back outside.. hook up a new p/s pump (this one's toast),
exhaust, and put a few more things together - so I can pull in front of
the garage and get the shock mounts welded on, front clip mounted, etc.

-Tom