Re: Rear Floor Replacement

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Charlie Bierly wrote:

> Digesters-
>
> If the crossmembers are left in place, does the rear of the body need to
> be supported when replacing one or both pieces of the rear cargo floor
> (Traveler)? If so, place jack stands under the end cap supports only?
>

> Charlie Bierly
> 1978 Scout II Traveltop
> 1978 Scout II Traveler
Hi Charlie,
 I was at East Coast Scouts about 2 weeks ago and saw a Traveler with the
rear floor cut out.The body was still on the chassis and the top was on
the truck.The floor of the truck had about a 1 inch lip left out from the
side panel of the truck.I would say NO to your question.I have purchased a
rear floor for my II and was asked if I wanted to "remove the inner rear
quarters".I said no and was told that the lip on my floor will be "up".
This way the floor can just drop in place and be welded in.I got my floor
from AT Scouts,if it matters.
BTW, did you replace your air filter yet?:)

                         E-you later,
                         Dennis
                         Blue 75 w/white top